Trimbakeshwar – Narayan Nagbali Puja
Narayan Nagbali consists of two different rituals. Narayan Bali is done to get rid of an ancestral curse (Pitru dosh /Pitru Shaap) while Nag bali is done to get rid of sin committed by the killing of a snake, especially a Cobra which is worshipped in India. This puja can be performed only at Trimbakeshwar.
What is Narayan Nagbali:-
Narayan Nagbali consists of two different rituals. Narayan bali is done to get rid of an ancestral curse (Pitru dosh /Pitru Shaap) while Nag bali is done to get rid of sin committed by the killing of a snake, specially a Cobra which is worshipped in India. This puja can be performed only at Trimbakeshwar.
Narayan Bali ritual is done to fulfill the unsatisfied desires of ancestral souls which are still stuck in the world and trouble their descendants. Narayan Bali consists of the same ritual as a Hindu funeral. An artificial body mostly made of wheat flour is used. Mantras are used to invoke such souls who have certain wishes remaining unfulfilled. The ritual makes them possess the body and the funeral frees them for another world.
Nagbali ritual is done to get rid of the sin of killing Nag (Cobra). In this ritual also the funeral is performed on the body of a snake made with wheat dough.Narayan Nagbali is one of the main rituals performed at Trimbakeshwar. Ancient scriptures like Dharma Sindhu, which describes various religious rites, mentions that this particular ritual should be done only at Trimbakeshwar. The references are found even in Skanda Purana and Padma Purana about this age-old tradition.
For problems like Bhoot Pishach Badha, failure in Business, waste of money, family health problems, clashes with others, educational hindrances, marriage problems, accidental death, unnecessary expenses, health problems of many family members, All kinds of Curse (shraap). Narayan Nagbali is performed to get respite from various problems.
> It gives good health, success in business and career, and fulfills wishes.
> Provide cardinal and Harmonious family relations
> Relief from physical and mental ailements
> Provides financial stability and peace of mind
> Relief from other malefic effects of Pitru dosha
> This pooja also helps to discharge any trouble due to the premature death of the family member. It will free the family from any of the curses from a dead person in the family.
This is a three Days ritual, done on a particular day and time (muhurta). On the first day, the devotees should take a holy bath in Kushavarta and resolve to give dashdaan (give ten things in charity). After offering prayers at the Trimbakeshwar temple, they go to the dharmashala at the confluence of rivers Godavari and Ahilya for performing Narayan Nagbali.
For two days pooja will be done at the confluence of river Godavari & Ahilya
Last day’s pooja will be done at our stay address.
A Male person is required for Narayan Nagbali Pooja as per our Shasta. A female alone can not do the Pind-daan, & pind-daan is involved in Narayan Nagbali Pooja.
You have to come one day before or early in the morning by 6 AM on the date Muhurta.
Once pooja starts you should not leave Trimbak till the puja ends. On the last day you will be free at about 12 noon.
You must have food without onion and garlic food on the pooja days ( That will be given from my end ). After the puja you can have any food..
The Daxina Rs ****/- includes all the Pooja Samagri, all Snakes & food-stay arrangement for 2 Persons per Pooja .Daxina will be given by you after your pooja is over.
- Reach Trimbakeshwar the evening before the Puja starts.
- On the first day of this ritual, take a holy dip in the Kushavarta. After the bath, put on completely new clothes. Men should wear new Dhoti and women should wear new sari.
- After that, go to the Kushawarth Tirtharaj in Trimbakeshwar with a coconut, 5 supari and Dakshina and perform the Prarthna.
- For those whose father is alive, you don’t have to do the ‘Mundan’.
For those whose father is not alive, you have to get your hair shaved..
- For performing the Sankalp, you have to go to the ‘Shamshaan’ behind the Shiv Ji Temple in Trimbakeshwar. There are preparations made to perform the Vidhaan there.
- After the sankalp, a puja is performed to worship 5 Kalash.
- After that worship 6 Murtis of Bal Gopal, Vishnu, Brahma, Shankar, Yamraj and Tath Purush.
- Then perform the Havan.
- Then perform the 11 Pindh Shraddh for Lord Vishnu and 5 Pind Shraddh for Lord Brahma and the other 5 Gods. In total you have to do 16 Pind Shraaddhs.
- We make Pinds to perform the Puja. While performing the Puja, we worship it. We pray that it erases away all the Pitru Dosh of the family.
- After that, offer one of these Pinds to the crows for them to eat.
- After that make a doll of a human and worship it with all the Mantras and rules, placing it on top of a coconut. After the puja is performed, declare it to be dead and burn it.
- After that, perform its Dashakriya Vidhaan like any other human being.
- Repeat the Mantra- ‘Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya’ throughout the day.
- On the next day, again after taking a bath at the Kund, wear the same clothes you wore the day before.
- After that, again go to the Shamshaan.
- Then perform the Sapindh Shradh (11 Vidhi and 12 Vidhi Shradh) of the Human Doll that was worshipped and burnt the day before.
- After performing the Shradh we make a ‘Pratima’ of a Nag or a Snake from Flour or ‘Ata’.
- Again we worship it and then declare it to be dead. After that, burn this as well.
- The Snake or Nag is believed to have 8 Doshas. Perform these 8 Doshas puja plus the Nag Pratima Puja. In total perform the Puja for 9 Doshas. After that end the Vidhaan.
- After that, spend the day constantly saying ‘Om Namo Bhagavate Namaha’.
- On the third day, Ganesh Pooja is performed so that devotees can start all the good things going forward.
- You have to bring a Gold Nag Pratima or Murti and worship it.
- After this the Narayan Nagalika Vidhaan is complete.
- The rest of the day you have to continuously say the ‘Om Namah Bhagvate Namah’ mantra.
> This Rate is for the Group Puja (Minimum 10-15 Family group) = Rs. 5000/-
> If want to do in with Solo Family = Rs. 10,000/-
Time taken for the Narayan Nagbali is 03 Days
Required things(Puja Samgari)
What All Required :
New clothes and Dakshina in form of money, Golden statue of Snake which should be minimum 1gm. It is important to bring the nag (snake) statue made up of gold as silver nag is not acceptable. It is also important to donate this statue of the snake after the vidhi (ritual).
The Dakshina includes food arrangements for 2 persons and all the Pooja Samagri. It is important to bring new white clothes that include Napkin, Gamcha and Dhoti for the pooja. And the ladies should have saree, blouse and other necessary things.
Available Dates in 2020:
Jun:- 2, 6, 10, 16, 20, 24, 28
Jul:- 3, 7, 14, 18, 21, 27, 30
Aug:- 3, 10, 14, 17, 26, 31
Sep:- 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 27
Oct:- 3, 7, 11, 14, 20, 24, 31
Nov:- 3, 7, 10, 17, 20, 27, 30
Dec:- 5, 8, 11, 15, 18 , 24, 28