Nishkalank Mahadev – Rudrabhishek with Homam
In the Havanatmak Rudrabhishek puja Ch. 16 of Yajurveda meaning the 5th chapter of Rudri and chapter of ‘Namaste’ is repeated 121 times. These have been shown to be done in five different ways according to various texts – 161 Mantra Prayog / 44 Mantra Prayog/ 48 Mantra Prayog / 425 Mantra Prayog / 16 Mantra Prayog
Earth, water, light, air, sky, mind, intelligence and ego are the supernatural nature of this Paramatman. While the soul is the transcendental nature of the Divine. This transcendental nature means “Jiva or Shiva”.
Dhyan, Bhajan, Japa, Swadhyaya, Pujan, Path, Hom-Havan and Abhishek are the means to please Mahadev, the Omnipotent and gigantic formed Vishad Brahm Parmatma.
Besides the above, this Puja is done to obtain freedom from disease, ability to bear children, sharper intelligence, increase in wealth, freedom from bodily pains, wordly strife, freedom from problems in relationships, stability in relationships, repression of enemitic nature, increase in opulence, increase in worldly pleasures and freedom from all sorts of problems. This puja pleases Shivji very much and gives man the best of fruits (results).
What is the text? (Description with grounds)
The description of Lord Sri Rudra’s Rudrashtadhyayi is in Yajurveda Samhita itself and in every mantra of Rudri. It is also described in various texts such as Rudrakalpa, Parashar Kalpa, Manusmriti, Kaivalyopanishad, Shiva Purana, Rudra Kalpa Drum, Naradpuran, Lingapuran, Mantra Mahodadhi, Maharudra Tantra, Rudrayamala Tantra, Mahabharata and Ramayana. In all these separate texts the sanctity of Rudrabhishek is mentioned Besides this Shukla Yajurvedi Rudrashtadhyayi is sanctified in various Karmakand books in different ways. This Shiv Puja has also been praised by way of hymns and mantras in different books with love devotion and faith.
Abhishek with religious water cures disease.
Abhishek with cow’s milk leads to fertility
Abhishek with milk mixed with sugar sharpens intelligence
Abhishek with cow ghee increases happiness and wealth.
Abhishek with milk mixed with Gangaajal averts worldly calamities.
Abhishek with mustard or any other oil destroys an enemy’s intelligence.
Abhishek with fragrant substances (Ashtagandha) increases opulence
Abhishek with sugarcane juice makes speech likeable.
Abhishek with Ganga water gives Mukti
When can it be done?
Worship of Lord Ashutosh done every day results in the welfare of all. However, Mahadevji Himself, has given details of the month, day and date for His puja in Shiva Purana. He has given special importance to the month of Shravan. Shivji has recommended a diet of Charnamrit consisting of wheat bread (Bhakri), Jaggery, sugar and water for women who are fasting, and has given special importance to Mondays. In Shiv Purana Mahadev has also talked about the significance of Mahashivratri in the month of Magh. The other Shivaratris and Pradosh fast during the whole year are written about in our scriptures.
Apart from this, Parashar Smriti mentions the months of Margshirsh, Magh, Phagun ( Sud Paksha), Baisakh and Shraavan Shiv Puja for furthering dynasty (Vansh) Golden benefits of Shiv Yajan in the month of Kartik are indicated. Also besides these pujas, a special Yagya considering Agnichakra and Ahuti Chakra
for obtaining desired fruits is best done on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. ‘Atulam Sukh Masnute’ means it is very fruitful.
How is the Puja done?
In the Havanatmak Rudrabhishek puja Ch. 16 of Yajurveda meaning the 5th chapter of Rudri and chapter of ‘Namaste’ is repeated 121 times. These have been shown to be done in five different ways according to various texts –
- 161 Mantra Prayog
- 44 Mantra Prayog
- 48 Mantra Prayog
- 425 Mantra Prayog
- 16 Mantra Prayog
Time taken for the Rudrabhishek with Homam is 6-7 Hrs.
Required things(Puja Samgari)
Ingredients (Samagri) for Puja
- Sandalwood (chandan) (चंदन)
- Kumkum ( कुमकुम)
- Abil (अबील)
- Gulal (गुलाल)
- Sugar (chini) (चीनी)
- Areca nut (supari) (सुपारी)
- Ball of colored cotton thread (nadachhadi) (नाड़ाछड़ी)
- Cotton wool (rooi) (रुई)
- Match box ( maachis) (माचिस)
- incense stick (aggarbatti) (अगरबत्ती)
- The cord of the cotton (sutar ka dhaga) ( सुत्तर का धागा)
- Fragrant (sugadhi) (सुगन्धि)
- Bay leaf (tej pata) (तेज पता)
- Lotus Cucumber (kamal kakadi) (कमलककड़ी)
- Havanpadi (hawankund) (हवनकुंड)
- wood for hawan (samidh) (समीध)
- Padiya small (chhote padiya)(छोटे पडीया)
- Padiya Big (bade padiya) (बड़े पडीया)
- Padiya Medium (midiyam padiya) ( मीडियम पड़िया)
- Perfume (itra) (इत्र)
- Saffron (kesar) (केसर)
- Camphor tablet (Kapoor ki goti) (कपूर की गोटी)
- dry dung (sukha gobar) ( सूखा गोबर)
- Wood (lakdi) (लकड़ीया)
- Dry Coconut (shree fal) (श्री फल)
- A pair of cotton Thread ( janoi jota) ( जानोई जोटा)
- Brass cooking pot (pittal ka patella) (पित्तल का पतेला)
- Copper pot (tanbe ka kalash) ( तांबे का कलश)
- Copper Tarbhana( one type of plate) (tranbeka tarabhana) (तांबे का तरभाना)
- Bronze bowl (kanse ka katora) (कांसे का कटोरा)
- Bronze plate (kanse ki thali) ( कांसे की थाली)
- List-Sarva (suchi sarva) ( सूची–सर्वा)
- Tarbhanu – Achamani – Panchpatra (Set) (तरभानु–आचमनी–पंचपत्र-(सेट) )
- Sari (साड़ी)
- Copper-silver-iron serpent (tanbe-chandi-aayarn sarp) (ताँबे–चाँदी–आर्यन सर्प)
- Chickpeas- urad- Jar (chana-urad- jar) (चना–उरद–जार)
Fabric for installation (1.25 m)
- Red (lal) (लाल)
- White (safed) (सफ़ेद)
- blue (bhura) (भूरा)
- Green (hara) (हरा)
- Orange (kesari) (केसरी)
- tawny (badami) (बदामी)
- Yellow (pila) (पीला)
- Pink (gulabi) (गुलाबी)
Flowers and fruits
- Cinnamon (dalchini) (दालचीनी)
- Cloves (long) (लोंग)
- Cardamom (Elaichi) (ईलाईची)
- Black grapes (kala angur (काला अंगूर)
- Green grapes (hare angur) (हरे अंगूर)
- Cashews (kaju) (काजू)
- Almonds (badam) (बादाम)
- Peanuts (mungfali) ( मूँगफली)
- Wheat (gehu) (गेहु)
- Rice (chawal) (चावल)
- Moong (मूंग)
- Chickpeas (chana) (चना)
- Toor dal (तुर दाल)
- Black sesame (kale til) (काले तिल)
- White sesame (safed til) (सफ़ेद तिल)
- Urad dal (उरद दाल)
- Jaggery (gol) (गोल)
- Ghee (घी)
- Barley (jou) (जौ)
- Loose flowers (फूल)
- Bighar -2 (बड़ेहार-2)
- Basil leaf (tulasi) (तुलसी)
- Darbh (दर्भ)
- Dharo (धरो)
- Betel leaf (nagarvel ke patte) (नागरवेल के पते)
- Green fruit (hare fal) (हरे फल)
- Dry Bael (sukha bel) (सूखा बेल)
All the Puja Samagri will be brought by Panditji. Cost of Samagri included in Dakshina.
How many Brahmins are needed for the Puja?
05 No. of Brahmins performed for the Yajan of Havanatmak Rudrabhishek.
Place of Puja
It can be done at any place of pilgrimage, at any Shiv Mandir, at the house of the host or the house of the Brahman.