About Kedarnath Temple
Kedarnath is a Hindu temple where Lord Shiva is worshipped. It is one of the Jyotirlinga among twelve located on the Garhwal Himalaya near the Mandakini River, Uttar Pradesh, India. The temple is just open for a few months of the year. The temple opens in the month of April till Mid November. The temple is closed during winter. The temple is surrounded by snow-capped peaks and offers breathtaking views of the natural beauty of the region. It is also one of the Chhota Char Dhams, along with Yamunotri, Gangotri and Badrinath.
Temple Timings and Details
Opening Timing - 04:00 AM
Closing Timing - 09:00 PM
- Dress Code Traditional and Formal clothing
- Photography and Videography Not allowed
- Prasad Available
Puja in Kedarnath Temple
Accommodation Near Kedarnath Temple
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
1. Which is the best time to visit Kedarnath Temple?
Ans. From April to June is the best time to visit Kedarnath Temple.
2. What is the significance of the Kedarnath Temple?
Ans. It is one of the popular pilgrimage sites considering Chota Char Dham and the first of the Panch Kedar pilgrimage sites.
3. Can I Visit Kedarnath during the winter season?
Ans. No, due to heavy snowfall in the Himalayas, the temple is closed during winter and devotees cannot visit Kedarnath Temple.
4. What are the darshan timings at Kedarnath Temple?
Ans. From 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM are the timings of darshan at Kedarnath Temple.
5. Are there any accommodations available near the temple?
Ans. Yes, you will find various Dharamshala and Hotels near the temple which you can easily book from YatraDham.Org.