About Markandeya Temple
Markandeya temple is in the district of Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh. This Hindu temple is dedicated to one of the wise man, Rishi Markandeya. He was the son of Sage Mrikandu and his wife Marudmati. Markandeya Temple is known for its beautiful architecture and verses from Markandeya Puran and each year, Mahashivaratri, Karthika Masam, Annual Kalyanam, Akanda Deeparadhana, Dhoopa Prakaraseva are celebrated here with a great enthusiasm. Devotees from various places arrive at this shrine and pay their homage to Markandeya and Lord Shiva.
Temple Timings and Details
- Darshan Timings Timings - 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Dress Code Traditional and formal clothing
- Photography and Videography Not allowed
- Prasad Not available
Puja in Markandeya Temple
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
1. What is the history of the Markandeya temple of Rajahmundry?
Ans. The Markandeya Temple is nearly 2500 years old. It is one of the oldest shrines in South India. It is believed that Lord Shiva had blessed the Markandeya with a long life by offering his own prayer to Lord Surya at this Temple.
2. What are the darshan timings of the Markandeya temple?
Ans. The darshan timings of Markandeya temple are 6:00 AM to 7:00 pm.
3. Where is the location of Markandeya temple?
Ans. The Markandeya temple is located on Godavari bund road, near Pushkarghat Mangalavaripeta, Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.